Blogging. We hear the word every day. But do you really know what it means? A “blog” is actually a truncation of the expression weblog. It is a discussion or informational site published on the web that consists of entries or posts. It can be theraputic when used in a personal setting and can be very powerful for your busines. A good business blog builds credibility within the community, may attract more visitors to your website (and ultimately to your business) and can help your search engine rankings and presence in social media.
If you’re not, you should seriously consider blogging on a regular basis. Here’s a couple of reasons why.
- Your blog shows your site’s visitors that you know what you’re talking about. You ARE blogging about stuff you know something about… right?
- A blog can help you get more traffic to your website.
- Blog = SEO. The more content you have on your site, the more potential for people to find you. Just make sure your content is optimized.
- An active blog is food for social media. The more content you have, the more things people have to share. You DO have social sharing buttons on your site… right?
- Blog posts have a longer shelf life.
- Help with customer support. Do you have frequently asked questions or issues that you deal with on a regular basis? Write a blog post about them!
- Blogging shows you’re still in business. Have you ever come to a website where the latest blog entry was from 2008? Did you do business with that company
Don’t have time to write blog posts for your business? Need a refresher on social media? That’s what we love to do.
Let us know if you’d like to learn more about our services.