Have you ever really stopped to think about your website? Sure, it’s your “window to the world” and you can make it look however you want, but it truly is more than just a website. Let’s take a look at all that goes into your site:
- Your Website – It’s a moving target (or at least it should be). You should be updating your site on a regular basis with new content that speaks to who you are. You should be keeping up with design and industry trends, adding new products, sales and promotions.
- Your Domain Name – This truly is who you are on the web. It’s your address, your license plate, your social security number. If you’re just starting out make sure you choose a domain name that you’ll be comfortable promoting for years to come.
- Search Engine Optimization – So you’ve got a beautiful looking site with some good content. Now you need to make sure your users can FIND your site. SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing) can be full time jobs in an of themselves. This includes pay-per-click (PPC) and email marketing.
- Content Marketing – As I said above, the look and feel of your site is important, but just as important is the content that lives on your site. Do you have a blog? You’ll need content. New products offerings? You’ll need product description / content.
- Graphic Design – Nope… this isn’t the look and feel of your site. What I’m referring to here is all of your OTHER graphical collateral Banner ads, business cards, trade show booths, company letterhead, etc. Showing a unified front across all of your platforms is crucial for your digital marketing success.
- Social Media – It’s not good enough to simply HAVE these accounts. Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. you need to be out there working your social media channels. Have conversations with people in your industry, share and comment on interesting content and make sure you’re engaging with your customers (and don’t forget about your potential customers!).
I’m certainly not writing this post to scare you. But I can’t tell you how often people are out there doing one or two of these things and completely neglecting the others. Do you have to be an expert at all of them? Absolutely not. We can help you! And remember, even if we’re NOT the best fit for your business, we’ll point you in the right direction.
Got a question about one (or several) of these topics? Let us know… we’d love to answer your questions!